One of the benefits of being a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator is the Success magazine which is sent to us monthly full of ideas, business tips and techniques. This month there was a very clever graduation cap gift holder. Here’s the template for the top and the bottom.
Here are the instructions found in the magazine and edited to coordinate with the project I made.
- Trace and cut the following from Basic Black Card Stock: one top piece and two bottom pieces.
- Emboss one bottom piece using the Big Shot and the Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Adhere the left, bottom, and right sides of the embossed card stock to the matching Basic Black piece to create a pocket for the gift card.
- Cut four 4-inch x 1-inch strips of Silver Card Stock. Punch the edges of the Silver Card Stock using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch. Adhere a 2-1/8″ portion of the punched piece to the bottom of the Very Vanilla greeting and secure both pieces to the top of the bottom piece.
- Cut a 5-1/2″ x 1/2″ strip of Silver Card Stock. Stamp “Congratulations” on the card stock in Cherry Cobbler ink. (optional – I heat embossed with Iridescent Ice). Adhere the strip to the cap as shown on the card and trim the excess card stock.
- Make a tassel and wrap around the prongs of a Glitter Brad. Attach the brad to the center of the cap.
- Attach the top of the hat to the bottom of the hat using a Silver Brad.
All products are Stampin’ Up! unless noted.
Graduation Cap Gift card holder
Size: 6.00″ W x .50″ H
Stamp sets: Delightful Dozen
Paper: Basic Black, non Stampin’ Up! silver card stock
Inkjet: Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: silver brad, glitter brad, Dotted Scallop Ribbon punch, Stripes Textured Embossing Folder, silver ribbon to make tassel
Filed under: 3D projects, Big Shot, Delightful Dozen, Gift card holder, Graduation | Tagged: Graduation, graduation cap, graduation cap gift card holder, Graduation card, graduation gift, stampin up clever gift card holder, stampin up graduation cap gift card holder, stampin up graduation cards, stampin up graduation gift card holder | Leave a comment »